Families caring for a child with autism can access a range of benefits and subsidies, and may also be eligible for financial assistance through avenues designed to support families experiencing financial hardship.
AEIOU can provide you with information about:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Child Care Subsidy
- Carer Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Carer Adjustment Payment
- Additional Child Care Subsidy
- Assistance for grandparents as carers
- Medicare Safety Net
- Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative
- Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) fact sheet
- Queensland Transport Companion Card
If you need financial support, please speak to our Family Support team.
At AEIOU, we believe that cost should never be a barrier to a family accessing early intervention. We strive to ensure our service is affordable and accessible to all families. If you need financial support, please call our Family Support team on 1300 273 435. Your family may be eligible to apply for financial assistance through one of the following, noting the above is not a comprehensive list.