How can I prepare for the NDIS?
At AEIOU Foundation, we recognise the impact the transition to the NDIS will have on our families. As a result, we have introduced a free workshop series for our transitioning centres to help guide you through the process. Our workshops are designed to take the stress out of this transition period, and help you achieve the best outcome for your child and your family.
Workshops, which include information on how you can access funding for early intervention through the NDIA, will be rolled out across all centres in the lead up to the NDIS launch.
Upcoming events include:
Camira (Springfield Community Centre - 14 November: 9.30am & 6.00pm))
Adelaide (21 November: 9.30am and 6.00pm)
Gold Coast (30 November: 9.00am & 6.30pm)
The NDIS has suggested a list of things to consider when you are beginning the transition process:
- Think about life now and into the future;
- Identify strengths, interests, networks, opportunities and challenges;
- Consider current supports including your informal, mainstream and disability supports;
- Collect disability information, this may include existing reports and other information to support a NDIS access request.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), Commonwealth and Queensland Governments are working together to ensure all eligible participants are informed during the transition phase. .
Useful NDIA planning documents:
- Getting ready for your planning conversation
- Participant planning pathways
- Accessing the NDIS
- Developing your first plan
An Easy English document is also available.
You can also watch the NDIS video series here, to answer your questions on access.
- How can I prepare for the NDIS?
- NDIS Contacts
- NDIS Upcoming Events
- NDIS Latest News
- NDIS Glossary of Terms
The announcement of an additional $47 million investment for Early Childhood...From The Blog 15th Feb. 2018
When in Rome, do as the Romans ... This saying employs one to be polite and...