AEIOU Foundation acknowledges and pays respect to the past and present Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we are committed to educating the children in our care about the living culture, history, and achievements of First Nations peoples by embedding a genuine culture and learning framework in our centres.
Our centres operate on unceded land belonging to:
- The Kaurna people (Adelaide)
- The Ngunnawal, Ngunawal, and Ngambri peoples (Canberra)
- Bundjalung country (Gold Coast)
- The Turrbal and Jagera people (Nathan, Logan, Camira, Bald Hills)
- The Jagera and Giabal peoples of Barunggam country (Toowoomba)
- The Gubbi Gubbi people (Sippy Downs)
- The Taribelang, Kabi Kabi, Batjala, and Waka-Waka people of Gureng Gureng country (Bundaberg)
- The people of Gugu-Badhun country (Townsville)