How can I prepare for the NDIS?
At AEIOU Foundation, we recognise the impact the transition to the NDIS will have on our families. As a result, we have introduced a free workshop series for our transitioning centres to help guide you through the process. Our four half-hour workshops are designed to take the stress out of this transition period, and help you achieve the best outcome for your child and your family.
Workshops were recently held in Toowoomba and will be rolled out across all centres in the lead up to the NDIS launch.
The NDIS has suggested a list of things to consider if you are part of the early transition in Queensland:
- Think about life now and into the future;
- Identify strengths, interests, networks, opportunities and challenges;
- Consider current supports including your informal, mainstream and disability supports;
- Collect disability information, this may include existing reports and other information to support a NDIS access request; and
- Create words or pictures about daily life and goals.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), Commonwealth and Queensland Governments are working together to ensure all eligible participants are informed during the transition phase. The NDIA will contact families when the time comes to transition to the scheme.
Useful NDIA planning documents:
- Getting ready for your planning conversation
- NDIS Planning Workbook
- Accessing the NDIS
- Developing your first plan
You can also watch the NDIS video series here, to answer your questions on access.
- Our Program
- Why is early intervention so important?
- Our curriculum
- Open Days
- NDIS for SA families
- NDIS for QLD families
- How can I prepare for the NDIS?
- NDIS Contacts
- NDIS Upcoming Events
- NDIS Latest News
- NDIS Glossary of Terms
- Lynn Wright Memorial Fund
- Other financial support
- Parent Resource Library
- Immunisation requirements
- 2017 Key Dates