NDIS for QLD families
The Commonwealth and Queensland governments have signed a Bilateral Agreement for the roll out the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Queensland over the coming years.
From 1 July 2016, eligible people with disability in Queensland will start entering the NDIS, with a progressive roll out due to be completed by July 2019. The NDIS will be rolled out in Queensland geographically.
In March 2016, Queensland's transition dates and corresponding geographical locations were released and are illustrated in the below diagram provided by the NDIS:
In preparation, AEIOU current and prospective families are encouraged to prepare for the upcoming transition.
See the links below for further useful information:
- NDIS roll out in Queensland (video) (March 2016)
- Five things you need to know about the NDIS in Queensland (March 2016)
- Queensland roll out Participant Information Pack (March 2016)
- Queensland early transition fact sheet (September 2015)
- Phased implementation of the NDIS in Queensland (September 2015)
- Frequently Asked Questions - NDIS Queensland (September 2015)
- What NDIS means for the HCWA & Better Start programmes (March 2015)
AEIOU Foundation Workshop Series: Preparing for the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been described as a generational change to the way Australia supports people with a disability. At AEIOU Foundation, we recognise the impact this will have on you and your family. The Queensland roll out is underway and, on 1 July 2017, Camira families living in the Ipswich region will start to transition to this new scheme.
These FREE workshops will guide you through the NDIS process. Our series of four half-hour workshops is designed to take the stress out of this transition period, and help you achieve the best outcome for your child and your family.
Thursday 23 March 2017
Workshop 1: Navigating the NDIS
Workshop 2: Preparation is Key - planning for successful outcomes
Tuesday 24 May 2017
Workshop 3: Making sense of your funding package
Workshop 4: Reviewing your plan
- Our Program
- Why is early intervention so important?
- Our curriculum
- Open Days
- NDIS for SA families
- NDIS for QLD families
- How can I prepare for the NDIS?
- NDIS Contacts
- NDIS Upcoming Events
- NDIS Latest News
- NDIS Glossary of Terms
- Lynn Wright Memorial Fund
- Other financial support
- Parent Resource Library
- AEIOU Foundation alumni
- Immunisation requirements
- 2017 Key Dates
Throughout their early years, most children gradually begin to communicate and...From The Blog 06th Feb. 2017
Believing happiness depends on external factors, outside your control, is a...